Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More beautiful food photos...

It is so wonderful when you find that awesome and easy go to recipe. Well this week I found one. Vegan Pot Pie. It is SO good. My friend made it first. HEre is her version.
And here is mine. Delicious and SO easy!



This is what I made last night. A bean/avacado dip with some "Veggie Cheese" on top. It was Ok.
Rebekah's succotash. So pretty right? She didn't really like it, although it is one of my go to recipes too. But it does look marvelous!
This plate was served to me at a friends home. It was the first time we were invited somewhere and my husband had to say, "We'd love to come, but just so you know, my wife doesn't eat meat..." Well, our hosts really out did themselves and I was served a full vegan feast! Wonderful food and a lovely dessert. It was so awesome.
I am including this picture just for the sheer beauty of it. I just loved the way these veggies looked as I cooked them up. This eventually became Spanish rice.
The thing about eating vegan/vegetarian/healthy that I love is that you are forced to think about your food. You have to take time to really see it as you prepare it. I know that may sound funny, but I am used to just grabbing something, or eating in my car, or bolting fast food. I am not used to thinking about my food. And eating can become this spiritual thing. As I looked at these beautiful vegetables I was awed at God's creation and this incredible process that we call life. You look at it and you know that, yes, it is good.

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to try a non-vegan-but-still-vegetarian version of this pot pie tonight. Looks so good!

    It's so great to watch you trying this new thing and being so excited about it. The veggies are beautiful!

    Love,D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful pix. I'm waiting to eat some of this stuff!!

    ReplyDelete