Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Neti Squirt

The Neti Pot! This I have found to be a verdant way of treating allergies and head colds. No meds, just a, um.m.m, seasoning of salt and baking soda mixed in water and up the nose.

I don't actually use the pot. I use the Neti Squirt.



They call this nasal irrigation. That sounds verdant, doesn't it. You don't have to buy salt packs.

Here is a recipe:

◦1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized salt (pickling salt is recommended)
◦1/4 teaspoon baking soda (not baking powder)
◦1 cup of warm water (not hot)

You can use a little more of the salt/baking soda if you want. Too much and it will sting.

The actual squirt bottle that I use is by NeilMed.

Try it if you are wanting to treat allergy or cold symptoms without using a lot of medicine.

1 comment:

  1. This is VERY verdant!! Thanks for posting. It also dove tails nicely into a post I want to do on Baking soda uses.

    Again, though, this is another video I find slightly disturbing! :) But the concept is great. The only thing missing is your personal views on how you like using it and does it work?

    ReplyDelete